Do your vocals capture hearts like Alison Krauss, Bob Dylan, or Rhonda Vincent?
Capturing a great vocal takes more than a great mic…
It takes a great producer who pays painstaking attention to the subtle details of inflection, diction, and conveying emotion.
Clients like Alison Krauss, Ralph Stanley, and Bob Dylan have all trusted grammy-award-winning Bil VornDick’s direction to:
1. Find the mic that best compliments the artist,
2. Focus on which lyrics best “paint a picture” for listeners,
3. Coax a heart-felt, emotional performance in a studio environment,
4. Tailor the headphone mix to give a solid tonal base for intonation,
5. Work with background vocalists to construct harmonies that perfectly compliment the lead,…and much, much more!
Throughout Vocal Production’s 5+ hours, you’ll watch one-on-one interviews with Bil that include tips and techniques on everything from pre-production to mixing. This is your chance to learn from one of the industry’s most respected and legendary producer/engineers!
Bil VornDick is an Engineer/Producer and a past Chairman of the Nashville Audio Engineering Society. While Chairman, he designed the first “Media Label” used for documenting Master recordings. He is also a member of the NARAS Producers and Engineers Wing Archival Committee that wrote the “The Delivery Recommendations for Master Recordings”. Bil has worked with a diverse roster of artists, including Alison Krauss & Union Station, Bela Fleck, Jerry Douglas, Rhonda Vincent, Ralph Stanley, Mark O’Connor, and Bob Dylan, to name a few. His talents have yielded numerous Grammy and I.B.M.A. awards. In addition, he has been an adjunct professor at Belmont University where he teaches Advanced Recording Techniques. Oceanway Nashville is his classroom.